Guest Post Guidelines:
Publishing guest posts sometimes creates more work then they are worth, so here are some guidelines to get the post approved. ( LAST MODIFIED:)
These guidelines apply to all the sites (see list below):
- No Conspiracy Posts. None of the sites I work on allow them. It’s as simple as that.
- No Info-graphics as a stand alone guest post.
- No Political Posts, except for Libertarian Times, and Libertarian Survival. And yes the posts have to be pro-libertarian, not anti-liberal or bashing SJW’s. Libertarian Survival also has to be related to the Prepper movement in some context.
- No Religious Posts. We recognize that a lot of Preppers are Mormon, Evangelical etc. And that those beliefs are in a lot of ways in-line with the Preppers movement. But there are other beliefs which are not, and in a lot of ways opposed to the mind set of self-reliance and independent thought. We can not accept one with out being forced to accepted the other, so we reject both. Sorry.
- USA English Spelling and grammar. Yes, I know that Wolfe’s Blog has a lot of UK or Canadian based spelling and format, do as I say not as I do.
- All posts must be related to the topics and categories that already exist on the site the guest post will be published on. No exceptions. For American Preppers Network this means posts about preparedness, homesteading etc are allowed, but not posts about hockey. Private lock posts must be about privacy, the rest of the sites follow suite.
- We allow embedded affiliate links, and other links within the post on two conditions. First they can not have a crappy Spam score, the simplest way to find out is to search for the main domain like site:example.com on Google, if there are no results, no link allowed. Second some of the sites use Google Adsense, there is a limit to the number that are allowed on a page, so we just reject those in posts to avoid a conflict with Google’s TOS.
- Every post must have an author Bio. You can link to your site in the Bio, please read How to Write an Author Bio That Doesn’t Suck we do not charge for author Bio links. (Note: Please submit the Author Bio everytime you submit a post because my memory sucks and I’ll mix them up)
- We use Gravatar in the author Bio. Please register your email address the author uses to them with a Bio picture. Pen names are allowed.
- If the article is obvious native advertising content for a business or company then we can negotiate the rates with them. No expiration. If the article is not an article, but a full page advertisement or promotion, then we’ll charge.
- Articles must be accurate and not make false claims. References are preferred as footnote links.
- Articles must not be plagiarized or copied from another site. Content must be unique. This applies to ALL sites, even Wolfe’s Blog (Updated April 15th 2017)
- The Article / Post will be published in a timely manner, schedules for guest posts are on a per site basis, please see site list below for more details.
- Some sites have special formats for certain content. For example, Wolfe’s Blog has a movie and book review system, access to these are only given if the author has already published a few articles on the site that have met all the above. Affiliate links within these types of posts are also allowed.
- HTML format. This just makes it easier to publish, if you don’t send me the HTML format of a post, it will still get published if approved, but it might take longer to happen. I also need to add the _blank to the links so they open in a tab/window. (Simple way, save your word document as SAVE AS … HTML)
- If you can, we like it when the author takes the time to find a copyfree image to go with the post as a featured image. Related to the post of course.
- Just one more thing, if you want your site added to Wolfe’s Bookmarks (which get published to social media automatically), you have to mention it, and it has to be a link related to the topic list on Wolfe’s blog. I do not automatically add links to the bookmarking system, it has to be requested.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: (MAY 22nd 2017)
We now allow Amazon affiliate links (up to 3) inside guest posts on all the sites listed below. In order to do this we create an author based short code which looks like [sc name=”guestpost_Author_Name_1″] please keep track of these short codes for future posts and what they link to, for example; if the short code links to “Emergency Food Storage” search on Amazon, use that short code in future guest posts on the same topic. If you want the link, you have to send us your Amazon Tag, (ends with -20), and search keywords.
Site List: (Updated April 15th 2017)
- Wolfe’s Blog: www.wolfeblog.netGuest post generally are limited to once a week, must be related to Preppers/survival, privacy rights, self-reliance or similar topics found in the site’s category/topic list. Post on Wolfe’s Blog are geared more the intellectual reader, MLS format essays etc. I am going to be more selective on posts that are accepted here. Well researched articles with references, and fact based evidence type posts are what we are looking for on this site.Guest Post Scheduling: On average once a week, first come first serve. All posts on this site are rotated on days without posts.
- American Preppers Network: www.americanpreppersnetwork.comAgain topic related posts only, see the site’s category list. APN also does full page content advertisements, contact us for prices, there is also a webinar option we have done in the past.We are also trying to follow a season set of themes on this site, this is just an experiment to draw new readers so not a requirement. During the spring we want to push for articles that are about getting started as a prepper, or becoming a self-reliance beginner. Posts during the spring months should focus on how to get started in some aspect of a topic. Summer posts are about the meat and potatoes of topics, more hard core related stuff such as firearm safety, gear related posts, and related training. Fall is about stocking up, rotating food storeage, preparing and harvesting. And the winter theme is about DIY, and projects that can be done in winter.Only exceptionally well written on topic posts are featured.Guest Post Scheduling: First come first posted after APN authors. One post on this site per day on average.
- Private Lock Network: www.privatelock.netPrivate Lock Network is a news agitator site, most of the posts on this site redirect to the original article’s URL. Guest posts on this site must follow a DIY/HOW-TO format related to privacy, such as encryption programs, VPN usage, TOR Onion, getting rid of malware etc. These posts will appear as STATIC pages in a new section on the site, and each will be featured on the front-page.Guest Post Scheduling: Not Applicable, posts are static. Front-page feature listing based on date published till limit.
- Libertarian Times: www.libertariantimes.comLibertarian Times is also a news agitator site which redirects posts to the original site. It is also one of only two sites in this list that accepts political based guest posts. Libertarian Times accepts history based educational guest posts from the libertarian/voluntary viewpoint as a counter balance to current news. These posts are also static and featured on the front-page.Guest Post Scheduling: Not Applicable, posts are static. Front-page feature listing based on date published till limit.
- Libertarian Survival: www.libertariansurvival.comLibertarian Survival’s guest post policy is currently in the works. Please watch this space for updates.
- More sites coming soon.